2003 Roundup for Ole' Elmer

N

Administrator

AuthorMessagetimsch

Vesely Prodigy

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:30 am   Post subject: 2003 Roundup for Ole' Elmer

The August 4th-10th, 2003 Ole' Elmer Roundup, to be located just north of Lapeer, Michigan, is the new annual event building of the 2002 International Apache Roundup where forty-four (44) vintage trailers and their owners gathered for fellowship, fun and all of the other good things associated with camping. The 2003 event is planned to surpass the success of last year.

Registration for this event ends May, 31, 2003 so do not delay to make your reservation.

See you in August!

Last edited by timsch on Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total

Apache_Adventurer

Squirrel

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:27 am   Post subject: 2003 Roundup For Ole' Elmer

We have, to follow-up on Tim's commentary, paid our camping fees and look forward to spending the week of August 4th-10th, 2003 at the "For Ole' Elmer Round-up". Aside from the obvious fellowship and other planned (golf, a tour of the old Vesely plant?) and unplanned social events, the Round-up is intended to honour Ole' Elmer, a man to whom we, as Apache enthusiasts, owe a debt of gratitude to in recognition of his steadfast support of all things "Apache" through both good and not so good times. There is still limited time to guarantee your attendance and participation in this successor event to the 2002 International Round-up. Do not procrastinate on your attendance as the total number of sites available, including those who have already booked, is approximately forty-five (45) in total. Do the right thing, count yourself in as part of the "Apache" family, have fun and support our very good friend and mentor, Ole' Elmer

Enough time on my soapbox! See you in a little more than three (3) months at the Round-up!

Mike '63

Bonnie '64

John '88

Katharine '91

James '92

1979 Apache Ramada

2003 Chevy Astro van

hubshouse

Marshmallow Roaster

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:06 pm   Post subject:

Sure wish I could arrange the time off for a cross country trip. But being way out here in California, it is just not possible this year. Y'all have extra fun for me and be sure to post your pics so I can be even more envious. LOL. 

Chuck & Lori Hubbard

1968 Apache Mesa

2001 Ford F-150 S-Crew 4x4

timsch

Vesely Prodigy

Posted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:05 pm   Post subject:

The deadline for this years Apache Roundup is fastly approching. Don't forget to make your reservations

timsch

Vesely Prodigy

Posted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:45 pm   Post subject:

Therer are now 15 sites reserved for the Ole' Elmer Roundup. Things are starting to take shape. I still have verbal commitments from 5 other Apache owners. Luke Kawicki is trying to organize some of his musician friends for a Friday or Saturday night playing. If you are not familiar with Luke, he is from Farmington, MI and plays a dulcimer. And plays it very nicely I might add! It is definetly a not to miss part of the Roundup. I am in touch with Les, I mean Red, regaurding Jimmy Hopkins and his Guitar and vocal skills. Jim is from Branford, Ontario and travels with his band all over Canada and parts of the US. He is the amazing voice and music behind the "Apache Song" on the old site. If you have not heard it, go give it a listen. I am in the process of talking with Delcon, the people who now own the building where the Apache's were built. I am trying to possibly have a tour set up of the plant for us. From what I understand, they still use the thermo presses that Vesely used for the ABS Road covers and ABS sides. More to follow...

tomkat

Soggy Tenter

Posted: Thu May 15, 2003 4:54 am   Post subject: Ol' Elmer Roundup

We would love to join in, but have a wedding in the family that takes precedence this year. Hopefully, we will be able to attend the next one. He is such a nice man to talk with when ordering parts. It would be great to meet him, and hear some of the history that he has to share, as well as meet other Apache owners. Keep up the good work and have a great time, Tom and Sally

timsch

Vesely Prodigy

Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 2:55 pm   Post subject:

We now have 20 confirmed for the Roundup. Many are just figuring out what a roundup is in Apacheese

Apache_Adventurer

Squirrel

Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 4:43 pm   Post subject: 2003 Roundyp for Ole' Elmer

Twenty registered, twenty-five to go so as to surpass the forty-four Apaches that were at the 2002 International Roundup. Do not procrastinate, beat the rush. Be part of the continuing Apache history rather than just reading about it in the forum section of the site. Go register and plan on having a good time at the August 4th - 10th, 2003 event!

Mike '63

Bonnie '64

John '88

Katharine '91

James '92

1979 Apache Ramada

2003 Chevy Astro van

timsch

Vesely Prodigy

Posted: Sat May 24, 2003 1:42 pm   Post subject:

We are attending the roundup but registered directly with Crystal Creek Pines (810-793-6792) so that we wouldn't need to use PayPal. We don't use Pay Pal because there is an open security risk for several months that hasn't been cleared up yet. There appears to be several others who have registered directly with the campground so your count may be higher than you realize. We're looking forward to the roundup and appreciate all of your hard work. -- Robert and Irene May 24, 2003.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The security risk was cleared up months ago and consisted of a phone scam, nothing to worry about as a software or software intrusion error or security risk. The agreement with the campground is that I handle all booking and collection of site payments and site reservations. This has kept the price down as the bulk of the work falls on my shoulders and saves us a little cash for the site rates. This also allows for a correct count of attendees and allows the website to stay in real time as far as reservations. I was just in touch with Michelle by phone at Crystal Creek and the only reservation thru the camp directly is yours. Do you know of any others that maybe planning to reserve this way? Your actual site # will still need to come through me as this has already been predetermined with the campground. Do you have a prefference on which site you stay on? I will try to accomodate if you should have a special request. I will also need to know the days and length of your stay if you are not going to be in attendance for all the days of the Roundup. This allows me to book the site for the days that it will be empty. For future people wishing to book directly through the campground, they will not accept bookings this way in the future. If internet payment is of a concern, you can mail payment directly to me with check or money order.

-- Tim May 24, 2003.

timsch

Vesely Prodigy

Posted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:24 pm   Post subject:

I have been using Paypal since March of 2000. In all this time I have not had even a hint of a security issue with either my account, credit card or bank account. The past few hours I have been searching for this security risk and find no mention of it anywhere on the web. I did however come accross this regaurding paypal. 3. PayPal Scam The scam: You have a PayPal account. You receive an email that promises you a small payment if you visit the Web site and update your account (including, of course, your credit card information). The cited Web site is fraudulent, and the scammer steals your information. The truth: PayPal representatives will never ask users for their password or other sensitive information.

Visit Paypal Fraud Prevention

This is the only mention of a security issue I can find and seeing that Paypal is so big and global, if there is an issue it would be all over the place the media being electronic or otherwise. Feel safe in using it as I said, I have dealt over three years with them, 100's of transactions and never had an ounce of a problem.

-- Tim May 24, 2003.

This post has been restored from the original Apachepopup forum that was discontinued. Select posts have been recovered and copied to the new forum to preserve their content. 

February 22, 2022 3:45 PM